The Basque Country Steel Cluster originates from SIDEREX (Spanish Association of Steelworks Exporters) at the request of several Basque associated companies, which demand enhanced cooperation between SIDEREX members, not only in Foreign Trade but in other key areas as well.
Based on our experience and large member representation, SIDEREX was recognized buy the Deputy Minister of Strategy and Planning of the Basque Gobernment of Industry, Innovation, Trade and Tourism on November 9th 2010 as the organization in charge of detecting and setting up cooperation activities for Basque companies in the iron adn steel business, in areas such as Foreign Trade, Sustinability, R+D and Management Innovation.
What are aour goals?
To boost relations between companies and institutions in the Basque Steel Sector in areas such as: Foreign Trade, Sustainability, R+D and Management Innovation.
– For steel mills and steel processors
– For engineering companies and manufacturers of equipment for steel plants.
– For raw materials, utilities and services providers to Iron & Steel companies
– For large steel consuming companies
– For Institutions involved in the steel sector such as R&D Centres, Universities, Agencies etc
Why and what for?
To maximize the competitiveness of the iron & steel companies and the image of the Iron & Steel sector as a main driver of the Basque economy.
– Facilitating collaborative opportunities.
– Encouraging the involvement of companies and Institutions
– Mentoring the companies until the projects are carried out successfully.